Yesterday was road trip day. J, Lil' Man and I went to Tremblant for a picnic and I had a full day planned but when does anything ever go according to plan?
My original plan included us leaving the house at 9 am and on our way to Tremblant for a picnic. After the picnic I wanted to go canoeing, go in the gondola ride up to the top of the mountain to watch the Birds of Prey show and afterward mini golf. Then there were a few things that Lil' Man would to have liked to do but we were just going to play it by ear.
We left the house at 10 am and arrived at the Tremblant provincial park to have a picnic at which I mentioned it was going to rain any minute. J scoffed at me saying that it won't rain. What happened in the middle of our picnic? It started to rain. J laughed at me and him and Lil' Man went into the water while I was left to pack up the food, drinks and the blanket.
This is before the rain.
J and Lil' Man found two leeches in the water. One was tiny about the size of a twoonie and the other was long and about six inches long. It kept trying to get me.
The weather started to turn worse and so we hopped back in the car and started driving back towards Tremblant Village then my gas light came on. I started to panic that we would be left in the middle of a twisty hilly dirt road and not be able to move and end up getting hit because of some jack ass was going 80 on a gravel road around the mountain in the rain. J suggested that we stop at the gate house and ask if they still delivered gas to potential stranded people and they had to come and check to make sure that my car was indeed on empty and that the gas light was on. (Um, duh I may be slow at some times but I know when my car is about to die.) I swear someone siphoned my tank while we were parked. (I bought a locking gas cap today). We paid $17 for 10L of gas which gave me about 1/4 of a tank.
Here is J filling up the car in the pouring rain. I am glad I didn't have to do it.
After that whole ordeal the rain pick back up again, this time lightening joined it. There went all of our activities at Tremblant. We decided not to wait until it passed instead we headed to Parc Omega to make up for the lost time at Tremblant.
We have seen so many animals and I liked each and every one, especially the baby warthogs.
How has your summer been going? Have you you been to Parc Omega? or Tremblant in the Summer time?
No comments:
Post a Comment